Transformational change, whilst sometimes essential, is not always easy, especially when a vendor has to consider the impact changes have, real or perceived, on its channel partners.
In this paper, Collinson, formerly ICLP interviewed Andy Hunter, a business change leader for British Airways to understand how he was able to create a visionary customer programme at a time when the airline was making company-wide cutbacks (people and budgets). The resulting programme has since grown to become British Airways’ flagship customer relationship programme.
The experience shared by Andy and the lessons learned throughout his 2 year journey are valuable and pertinent to any channel leader faced with similar challenges. In the interview Andy talks about:
- The pitfalls of not addressing transformation
- Building the business case
- Investing in data and the right tools
- Delivery of partner experiences at scale
- How the lessons from British Airways are relevant for vendors looking to create game changing customer experiences.