Confessions of a travel loyalty executive: our workshop at Loyalty & Awards 2019
About our workshop
With recent Collinson UK and US consumer and global loyalty decision maker research telling us that we’re falling short in terms of both how well we understand and how we deliver personalised experiences for our customers, we thought that it would be fascinating to explore these challenges and pain-points in our workshop at Loyalty & Awards, 2019.
- Only 38% of consumers feel rewarded for their loyalty to travel brands
- Only 35% of consumers told us that they receive offers that are personalised to their interests or preferences.
During the workshop we welcomed the likes of airBaltic, United Airlines, Cebu, Virgin, Avis, Iceland Air, Jet Airways, Emirates and many more leading travel brands, to discuss, debate and share their perspective and insights on the following three topics (confessions) from our loyalty programme executive research.
- Confession 1: 64% do not have a deep understanding of why their customers are loyal
- Confession 2: 50% do not collect a wide range of customer data
- Confession 3: 51% do not have a formal process for applying loyalty learnings across the business.
The workshop generated lots of great opinion and it was fascinating to see the similarity in challenges and pain-points across the industry – regardless of location or size of brand. To learn more about what was discussed and to help you on your travel loyalty journey, we’ve put together the below content piece which includes both key findings and six top tips to help you keep traveller loyalty on track in 2019.