Testing available, from selected airports, for both pre-departure and Test to Release from quarantine for those arriving in the UK, on Day 5.
** We are currently experiencing extremely high demand for pre departure LAMP tests. We continue our best endeavours to deliver test results within our estimated 90-120 minute timeframe however, where possible we strongly recommend that passengers book a test the day prior to travelling to prevent any unavoidable delay. Normal Terms & Conditions apply.**
Please note: Unfortunately none of our testing sites are able to test those in HGV’s. Please do not arrive in HGV’s or other large volume vehicles.
PCR Testing is the most sensitive test that is currently available, able to detect active infection some days before the patient is infectious or symptomatic. It is the gold standard test; used in the NHS daily. PCR testing has a turnaround time of up to 48 hours. It is performed in machines that cycle through different temperatures. As the process of changing temperature takes some time, the process is longer than other processes such as LAMP.
LAMP Testing is another form of genetic test, able to detect the RNA of the virus. It is a more recent development than PCR and is performed all at one temperature. It is generally faster and cheaper than PCR but is not considered to be as sensitive – but is still more sensitive than antigen testing. LAMP tests might be able to detect patients immediately before symptoms are displayed but this is unsure at present. Rapid LAMP testing can add a significant degree of confidence if performed before flying, for example, when all aboard have had a LAMP test prior to departure.
Antigen Testing is the fastest and cheapest of all lab tests for COVID-19. Unlike PCR and LAMP, the genetic material of the virus is not searched for, but rather the protein structures on a virally infected cell produced by COVID-19; usually the so-called ‘spike’ protein. Antigen tests often become positive after having had symptoms for a couple of days. Their use is particularly powerful when patients are attending communal events and a quick check needs to be performed to see if attendees are infectious with COVID-19. Furthermore, during winter months, when people often have symptoms of the common cold or flu, performing an antigen test will ascertain whether the condition is the coronavirus or not.
Antibody Testing When we get infected with COVID-19, our bodies make antibodies to fight the infection. The antibody test looks for the presence of these antibodies, which usually mean that we have been infected with COVID-19 in the past. This test uses a finger-prick blood test.
Please be aware that all times are a guideline and in some circumstances could take longer.
- Pre-Departure PCR Test - Results are typically available within 48 hours. Due to the requirements and nature of processing tests, which can include occasionally having to re-run tests, we strongly advise making a booking for the earliest possible day and time compared to requirements of your destination country or airline.
- Pre-Departure LAMP Test - Results typically available within 90 - 120 minutes of test being taken. Please allow adequate time ahead of your airline check-in closure time.
- Pre-Departure Antigen Test - Results typically available within 45 - 60 minutes of test being taken. Please allow adequate time ahead of your airline check-in closure time.
- Pre-Departure Antibody Test - Results are available within 45 - 60 minutes of test being taken. Please allow adequate time ahead of your airline check-in closure time.
- Test to Release LAMP Test - Results available same day (before midnight) for test appointments up until 4pm. Appointments after 4pm may not receive their results until the following day.
- PCR Test – £99
LAMP Test – £85
Antigen Test – £59
- Antibody Test - £40
- Test to Release - £99
- London Luton Airport - Mid Stay Car Park (Drive Through Tests Only)
The required test is LAMP, which is at a cost of £99.
Please ensure that you are aware of the type of test required for your final destination.
More information can be found here.
Tests should only be attended & taken for travel related purposes, and not as an alternative to the NHS or other general Covid-19 Tests.
Collinson have established a network of accredited medical centres in Singapore and Hong Kong which can provide testing for travel in line with both destinations government requirements.
Please click here to book a test