Collinson are delighted to be long-term supporters of the charity, Coach Core Foundation.
Coach Core, works across the UK, targeting 16-24 year olds who are not in education or employment. They deliver an impactful coaching apprenticeship that develops the talents of young people and provides them with a range of vital skills for sport, work, and life. 90% of Coach Core apprentices graduate, compared to a national apprenticeship average of 60%, with 92% of apprentices being in work or education 6 months after graduating.
Through our partnership with Coach Core, we have worked together tirelessly to support young people from disadvantaged and under-represented backgrounds, helping them gain meaningful education, employment, and training, so they can reach their full potential.
Our partnership began in 2016 by helping Coach Core launch their London apprenticeship programme in 2016. Our relationship has grown quickly and developed into the wide-ranging partnership we have now.
Together, we’ve empowered over 650 young people across the UK, helping them to develop their skills, confidence and employability. Our efforts have also raised enough to help Coach Core apprentices deliver over 130,000 sports coaching sessions, so more than 2.2 million young people can get and stay active.
With the support from colleagues across the business, we have:
- Co-delivered a bespoke Learning and Development programme to make Coach Core’s apprentices work ready. We’re thrilled that over 250 Coach Core apprentices have joined to hear about topics such as: building stronger relationships, driving mental wellbeing, financial awareness and literacy, research, and analysis, understanding your strengths and effective communication.
- Seen colleagues taking on challenges like the ASICS London 10k and Royal Parks Half Marathon!
- Piloted a fitness programme with the help of Coach Core apprentices, to enhance our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Provided Coach Core’s apprentices and staff with use of our office space, and donated office equipment, to help the charity save vital funds.
- Given Coach Core Apprentices access to new experiences like inviting Coach Core’s beneficiaries to join us at Brighton FC. One Coach Core apprentice said: ‘The experience was amazing, my first time going to watch a football game and being in the lounge of the stadium blew my expectations. I had so much fun.’
- Provided expertise around GDPR and helped the charity maximise its 10th Birthday Celebrations.
- Fundraised raised and donated hundreds of thousands of pounds to support the delivery of their programmes
Gary Laybourne, Chief Executive of Coach Core said: “We are so grateful to Collinson for your continued and unwavering support. It’s because of you, that disadvantaged young people are being given another chance. With almost half a million NEET young people who want to work but need the right support to do so, Coach Core’s work has never been more crucial. It’s your fundraising, volunteering and support that keep us going.”
Collinson’s Joint CEO, Christopher Evans said: “I’ve been lucky to meet & spend time with many of the Coach Core apprentices and feel very proud that Collinson continues to support these young people into long-term employment. The partnership has continued to grow with the support of our Collinson colleagues engaging with the apprentices helping them gain the skills and experience needed to achieve their career ambitions and aspirations”
This partnership has helped to pave the last six years for Coach Core, but our contribution means they can continue to look ahead for many more years. We can’t wait to see what Collinson and Coach Core will achieve next together.