With travel steadily recovering its pace in China, Colin Dai, Collinson’s Country Director for China shared his perspectives towards the state of travel recovery in China, the evolving expectations of travellers in China and also the opportunities travel brings to businesses in China in a recent discussion with China Global Television Network (CGTN).
Key highlights include:
- China’s travel recovery is steadily regaining its pace.
- Travellers are placing a heightened value on travel experiences – they are looking for seamless, personalised experiences that add value to their lives.
- They are willing to pay more for premium travel experiences and this includes airport lounge access, upgraded seats and direct flights. The heightened value that travellers place on experiences presents an opportunity for brands to strengthen their customer engagement and loyalty efforts through travel-related and experiential rewards.
- Airport lounges is the #1 most desirable benefit for travellers in China at the airport. Collinson has worked collaboratively with industry partners across Asia Pacific to increase the number of airport lounges and travel experiences. In China, Collinson has also entered a direct partnership with Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport Business Travel Service Co Ltd, adding seven of its premium airport lounges to its network.
- With an ability to analyse and process vast amounts of data, artificial intelligence will continue to transform the travel industry. Some examples of its areas of impact include providing personalised recommendations and streamlining travel processes.